7/12 dinner date with Mrs. Vaccaro

Hello everyone!

Inspired by Angelique, my former supervisor, I decided to start blogging about my weekly dinner date with my lovely landlord - Mrs. Vaccaro (in English, so she can read it too). :)

Okay, here we go the first post~

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I recalled Mrs. Vaccaro mentioned that she likes to drink a little red wine during dinner but she finished her bottle, so I bought her one last night and brought it to her this afternoon.

Just finished baking cookies, she invited me to stay to have some. As usual, our conversation leaded to food (like all the time).

Mrs. Vaccaro: I love fried calamari, sushi and lobster tail.

Me: You mean when you go out to eat?

Mrs. Vaccaro: Yes!! Calamari is so good!

Me: Haha! I love calamari too!! How about homemade food?

Mrs. Vaccaro: I like to make spaghetti with meatball, lasagna, pizza, cookies.....

Me: That's a long list! But what would be some homemade food you like to eat?

Mrs. Vaccaro: I don't know, everything? OHH! I like French Fries!

Me: Hmm? From where?

Mrs. Vaccaro: From me!! I make it.

Me: What???? You know how to make pizza and now you are telling me you can make fries too???

Mrs. Vaccaro: Yeaa! I learned how to make it when I was 5. I watched my mother makes it all the time. One day, she told me to help peeling potato. After I peeled all of them, my mom wasn't in the kitchen and I don't know what else to do, then I decided to cook them because I remember how my mom made it. But after I put it into the big fryer, I was a little scare, so I called my mom to help.

Me: Haha, and that was the first time you made french fries!

Mrs. Vaccaro: Yessss! Haha! Oh, if we are going to have dinner together tonight, I can make some french fries, since you never try it.

Me: REALLY???? :D

Really!

Tonight's menu:

Homemade French Fries, Baked Salmon, Spaghetti with string beans from her yard

And her favorite coffee - Espresso
with bitten homemade cookie :p

Oh, and we also drank a little wine


Mrs. Vaccaro: Good wine but it is a bit strong.

Me: Haha, really? I don't know my wine... :p

Mrs. Vaccaro: My home in Italy is full of wine. We made wine every year, like 200 to 300 bottles a year.

Me: Whatt? Homemade wine?

Mrs. Vaccaro: Yes, we have a basement for all the wine.

Me: So you know how to make wine too?

Mrs. Vaccaro: Yess, I do.

Me: You are so cool!!

Mrs. Vaccaro: My home was full of wine, but I never get drunk.

Me: Haha! I think I am a little drunk right now...

Mrs. Vaccaro: Oh no!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Vaccaro is a 80-year-old granny.
She knows how to make everything and she will teach me.
Our birthday is just one day apart,
and we officially became BFF tonight because we shared this...



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment