Her "one-day" honeymoon!

Today is a special day for Mrs. Vaccaro.

64 years ago today, she and her beloved husband got married. At that time, there is a tradition in the town that she lived in, couples had to stay home for a week after they got married, so that families and friends can come visit. That being said, they had to wait for a week before they can go anywhere, like travel, honeymoon, etc...

"Honeymoon isn't that popular back then, but my husband planned to take me to a city called Catanzaro," said Mrs. Vaccaro, "it was my first time going there! A big and beautiful city!"

"Awwww..." That's what I was thinking the whole time when she was telling me this story, I thought to myself, "that is so romantic!" and then here is a little twist...

"My older brother came along," said Mrs. Vaccaro, "because he is close with my husband."

"Whatttt? But it's a honeymoon!"

"I don't mind, we are very close, plus we are not staying overnight there."

"WHattt?"

"Hahaha! Yea, it was a ONE DAY honeymoon!" Mrs. Vaccaro laughed at my expression.

"ONE DAY? Whatttt~ What did you guys do there then?"

They got up very early that day and headed out at 6am, took the bus there and it lasts one and a half hours each way.

"We went to eat at a fancy restaurant, nice food! Tagliatelle with chap meat, I like it! And then we walkde around, took a photo and then go home. We got home around 430pm."



It was a short, and not very romantic trip but she will always remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment