Mrs Leung touches all our hearts: to live for our loved ones

August 23, 2010 (Monday)

It should have been a happy, wonderful day.

I woke up after my morning nap at 1300ish only to find out the breaking news: HK coach hijacked in Philippines. What's on the global television are several hostages carefully released and Philippino police guarantees all to be saved. I was optimistic.

I went out in the afternoon, having a happy family time at lunch and Computer Expo. We were still optimistic.

At one of my best friends Jodie's birthday dinner celebration, we were actively talking about how she DID NOT join THE TOUR so that she came back RIGHT ON TIME from Manila. On her card I wrote, "I am really glad that you are in HK right now. It's a blessing that we are all in a wholesome and peaceful situation."

Admist the active environment, we noticed a sudden heavy rain outside. And not a minute later, a phone call from colleague Jasmine stroke us. She said all hostages dead. I then shout out and repeated it at the restaurant. Although it was not yet confirmed, we didn't feel comfortable. Even if there is only one dead, it's still a tragedy.

It's 8 Dead 7 Casualties when I got back home. It was showing the live source of a survivor:

Mrs Leung, a wife to a dead husband, is a brave woman. She could choose to sacrifice with her husband, but she didn't. She chose to pass the love on, for her three children.

Life is all about sharing and giving back.
When Mrs Leung chose to live her life to the fullest, I was touched.

I sincerely hope that her children are all alive.
I sincerely hope that the Leung's will live happily ever after and will continuously be blessed by Mr Leung.

May all the victims rest in peace.
May the survivors stay strong.
May the reporters come back safe.
May we all treasure what we have and live for our loved ones.

3 comments:

  1. 没错。。要把握每一分,每一秒,珍惜眼前的所有!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's indeed quite hard for us as a journalist, we are facing it everyday. We watch news at least 12 hours everyday, it's hard not to get depressed...but life still goes on right? So let's cheer up!

    We all feel upset when we learned that Mrs Leung had lost her two children.
    Hope and blessing to her only son!

    ReplyDelete